1. About this Notice
We appreciate your interest in us and your visit to this website. Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable with how we use and share your personal information.
This notice sets out how we handle your personal information, including when and why it is collected, used and disclosed and how it is kept secure.
From time to time, this notice may be updated, so please check this page to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
This notice was last updated on March 1, 2020
2. Who We Are
‘Itse’ is a Trading name of Behaviour Dynamics International Limited (BDIL). We gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
3. Information That We Collect
We process your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice. By information we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share, store and transfer in physical and electronic form. This information can be grouped together in the following categories:
The personal data that we collect from is: -
- Identity and contact information including first name, middle name, last name, title, email address, telephone number, home and/or billing address, age, date of birth and any other information you may provide to our Directors or contractors.
- Transaction information including details of payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us
- Technical information including internet protocol (IP) address, your log in data, other technology on the devices you use to access this site
- Profile information including first name, middle name, last name, title, email address, telephone number, home and/or billing address, age, date of birth, answers and outputs/results of IBA questionnaires and any other information you may provide to our Directors or contractors.
- Usage information includes information about how you use the site or our products and services
- Marketing and communications information includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences
- Contact history means keeping a record of what you have said to us for example over the phone, by live chat, through a web forum, by email on social media or otherwise.
- Social Media information if you choose to link your social media account with us.
- Special Category Data: we may ask you for information on Gender, Ethnicity, Health and Wellbeing on a voluntary basis.
We collect information in the ways shown below: -
- Online form
- Website orders
- Hand written forms
- Face to face interview
- Corresponding with us by post, email, phone call, text, social media or otherwise.
4. How We Use Your Information (Legal Basis for Processing)
We use your information in the following ways:
Identity and Contact information
- To send you messages by email, SMS, or otherwise (such as confirmation of order)
- To create and manage your account
- To provide customer care when purchasing our services
- For security and to check your identity
- To provide you with marketing if you have agreed to this
- To direct you to the right part of the website
- To communicate with you
- To provide services you order
- To provide customer care and support
- To find out what you and other customers like
- To take payment and process refunds
- For fraud prevention and detection
Technical and usage information
- To improve our site and set default options for you (such as language and currency)
- To keep our site safe and secure
- To find out what you and other customers like
- To provide personalised reports to you
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods and services that may be of interest to you
- To provide advice or consultations
- To improve our services and for research purposes
Marketing and Communications Information
- To send you information by email, SMS, post or otherwise about our products and services
- To provide you with customer care and support
- For training purposes
- To enable you to share products and services if you choose to
Legal Basis for Processing Our processing of your personal information is necessary for the performance of contracts to which you will be party and in order to take steps for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us or in. order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Legitimate interests are
- Collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient customer service
- Running our business
- To provide the products and services you have requested
- To prevent fraud
- For our own marketing, research and product development
5. Third Parties
Except as set out in the policy, we will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law. However, we share your information with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide you with our products and services
- Companies that help us fulfil your orders such as payment service providers
- Professional service providers such as marketing agencies and website hosts who help us run our business
- Companies approved by you such as social media sites if you choose to link them to us
- Competition winners on social media
- We may share your data for data control and processing purposes with Hillcroft House Limited and IBA Governance Limited
- We may provide third parties with aggregated and anonymised information and analytics about our customers but before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
6. Your Rights
You have the right to access any personal information that we process about you and to request information about: -
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly form you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
7. Data Security
We take your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including but not limited to policy and practice, IT authentication and restrictions of access. Where we have given you or you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
8. Consequences of Not Providing Your Data (if applicable, see Article 13(2)e)
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to us, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services, we may not be able to offer some of our products or services without it.
9. How Long We Keep Your Data
We will keep your information for as long as it is needed to provide the services to you and for as long as it is necessary to provide customer support. We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. If reasonably required or to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud or abuse or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also retain some or all of your information even after it is no longer needed to provide services to you. For example, we are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
10. Special Categories Data
Owing to the products, services or treatments that we offer, we sometimes need to request sensitive personal information from you to ensure we comply with our diversity policies. Where we collect sensitive personal data, we will only request the information required for the specified purpose and always ask for your explicit consent. You can modify or remove consent at any time, which we will act on immediately, unless there is a legitimate interest or legal reason for not doing so.
11. Promotions & Offers (if applicable)
Occasionally, we would like to contact you with details of offers, services, competitions, conferences and lectures, newsletters, promotions that we provide. If you consent to us using your contact details for these purposes, you have the right to modify or withdraw your consent at any time by using the opt-out/subscribe options or by contacting us directly.
12. Lodging A Complaint
We only process your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint in writing to:
Behaviour Dynamics International Limited
Oakley House Headway Business Park,
3 Saxon Way West,
United Kingdom, NN18 9EZ
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the data protection regulator which in the UK is The Information Commissioners Office which regulates and supervises the use of personal data.